Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Dubious Honour!

Following a scrutiny of our times during our debrief from the triathlon, I have decided to learn to swim properly and shave 10 minutes off my swim time. (I also recognize that two outings in the pool is not called a training regime!)

Our local community pool is an outdoor heated pool and is open just for the summer. And it opened today AND the sun is shining so we biked down in plenty of time for the lane swim session. The pool was empty (woo hoo), sparkling blue with wide double lanes. Perfect.

The pool staff welcomed us warmly and advised that the pool temperature has increased 10 degrees in the last 24 hours. I managed to swim a whole 2 laps in the frigid 17 degree pool and in doing so gained the honour of the first person in for the season!

(Sean and the life guards all declared it was way too cold and stayed deck side - so much for the maple syrup in the veins!)

No comments: