22 April 2008
Hello, hello,
It is bucketing down snow here - and I was saved from going to FortMcMurray tomorrow - hurrah!! It is snowed in. The buses were not running and people were having trouble getting out of their driveways. There was no water and thus no loos at our site office - so I am staying in Calgary!!
Hello, hello,
It is bucketing down snow here - and I was saved from going to FortMcMurray tomorrow - hurrah!! It is snowed in. The buses were not running and people were having trouble getting out of their driveways. There was no water and thus no loos at our site office - so I am staying in Calgary!!
Lake Louise skiing last Saturday (photo attached). Sunshine had 80cm on Friday night - one of the best powder days ever on Saturday - and the queues to match! Louise had a mere 20cm so we battled on bravely. My legs were so sore, I was rather pleased I did not have to ski the 80cm. I am off to an ANZAC Day wives function on Friday night. All the 'old' wives are entertaining the 'new' wives. I managed an invite and do not have to bring a plate 'cause I am unclassifiable. It has been suggested I bring a bottle. Not sure what to make of this! I do believe because I work they are being kind but one could misinterpret!!
Big news! My property settlement is finally through the courts so can get that all finalised. As my lawyers said - it has taken longer than the second coming! The Registrar managed to misplace it for a month just to cap it all off!
Still no news on my contract but I have been promised that they will get back to me by the end of the month. Next week you will know the situation on the free skiing accommodation! ... and when you will be likely to see me again!
Things with Sean are going rather well. We have had a little sport looking at houses to buy. I cannot believe I am looking at 4 bedroom houses - and in fairness - that is a tiny sized house here! Upside is there will be spare space for the free loading family and BFFs!! Have I impressed you with the text lingo! I have discovered the advantages of teenagers. You learn all the hip things, listen to recent music... and Mackenzie even cooked dinner last night.
Hockey play-offs and it looks like The Flames are going down!! The play-offs go for about 2 months and each round is the best of 7 games. Calgary (Flames) are playing San Jose - they are 3 all so this is the decider. Current score is 5 to 3 to SJ with 2 minutes to go. There will be a few long faces at work tomorrow!
Lots of love, Kate xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment