Wednesday, August 17, 2011

...sadly, no book deal

I have been most remiss about keeping a blog for the better part of a year. All my followers will have given up on me and my book deal will have fallen through. (think Julie and Julia!) Whilst it has been quite the tumultuous year, I am uncertain why the urge to write has abandoned me for such a period. So a quick recap in dot points:

  • The very biggest event was our loss of Murray. He was diagnosed with cancer in October and his death in March was devastating but mercifully swift. We were able to make several trips home whilst he was still with us and saw a side of Murray we had not previously known. Ironically, I believe I as closer to Murray in his last couple of months than I was in the 15 odd years I knew him.

  • The Australian Invasion - Dad, Gabby, Roger, Eliza, Mitchell and Bryony - and what a blast we had! Skiing and parties and sightseeing and parties and snow and skating and parties. From Bryony blowing up a storm on the alphorn to the best Spring skiing of the decade, we had a fabulous time hosting.

  • We waved bye, bye to Brianna. With a one way ticket, minimum funds and her worldly goods in her backpack, we dropped her off at the airport to start her new life. A subsequent visit found her working, happy and healthy, complete with new love interest and planning enrollment in Journalism at Concordia. Go Girl, we are so proud of you!

  • Snowball left us. She developed chronic renal failure last November and with drugs and a zero protein diet, she thrived until July. Then she lost her appetite, stopped drinking and we made the call. We miss your early morning kisses, your cuddly purrs and tolerance of the love from the kids next door.

  • Jasper-to-Banff (289km) - on our bikes. Along with Mairead, Sean, Terry, Ruth and Scott and our support team of Diane and Mackenzie, we had a magnificent ride. We are planning the Silver Triangle in 2012!

  • Michelle - we rented Brianna's room!! Sean's school friend Hillary, who lives in Norway, asked if anyone could accommodate her cousin for a couple of months whilst she was training in Calgary for Air Canada Jazz. So Michelle, the pilot, is living with us and we get to celebrate her 30th birthday. Woo hoo! We love parties...
...stay tuned and I promise I will blog more regularly! Prhaps there will be a book deal after all!

No comments: